Actually, I haven’t tested on staging just yet (actually I have, but only #perform_now.) I’m running master for sidekiq just to eliminate any potential diff from the latest gem version from the edge version, since Rails 4.2 is still in beta, I wanted to be sure that I wasn’t trying to fix something that had already been addressed. But the behavior is identical between the stable and master.
I’m going to try this stuff out on staging today or tomorrow and perhaps that’ll give us more data. You likely don’t have the time, but if you’re interested, the complete app is here: https://github.com/superacidjax/myhelloworld
Excuse my 77% test coverage. I started this as bit of a proof of concept “spike,” so I didn’t TDD as I normally would have. Although, I am adding more tests. Kind of embarrassing really!
The operations in question are in the charges_controller, the stripe_runner_job and the Charge model. But no need to actually look at the code unless you’re just curious. I realize those particular files are smelly – however, I’m going to write tests before I refactor, since things currently “work” (other than #perform_later.)
You’ve been a rather good partner in just prodding me along, so thanks! Hopefully we’ll solve this, I’m sure I’m not going to be the only one trying to figure this out.