ActiveAdmin Resources

Does anyone know of any open source apps that use ActiveAdmin that I can learn a few things from? The Documentation seems great but I learn better by looking at examples of live code.

I would also look at Rails Admin before you make a choice.

Iā€™ve found on a few apps that using Active Admin seemed like a great idea until I reached the point where I wanted to do something with the admin interface that Active Admin didnā€™t support (or didnā€™t support easily). If your clients/users are going to have any interaction with the admin interface (rather than just you or internal staff for your client), I would advise that you build it yourself. If the admin interface just exists for a small group of people to get data into the system quickly and doesnā€™t have to look great or stand up to public scrutiny, then Rails Admin and Active Admin can be a great way to save time during early development cycles.

1 Like

I will have to check it out. Rails Admin even sounds like a better option. I am working on a project where they are using ActiveAdmin. Thanks for your advice. I was not having a good vibe of ActiveAdmin from the start. Good thing we are still in the early phase of the project.