Job offer and TDD

Well I just turned down a seemingly awesome job offer from a startup out of NY who believes TDD is a joke, thinks DHH is without fault and hates Uncle Bob. Thanks Thoughtbot. :wink:

Seriously though, I don’t think I would have done that before joining here and listening to your podcast. It has given me some perspective to make sure I enjoy my work first (TDD or not), then worry about the rest.

2 Likes

Good for you! I would have made the same choice.

The DHH and Uncle Bob parts are certainly debatable, but I wouldn’t take a job where the team didn’t practice TDD.

If they have actuality followed DHH and watched the Is TDD Dead? talks they would’ve known that he was arguing about potential harm practicing TDD irresponsibly, not that we shouldn’t do it.

Good for you for turning it down!

Awesome! Good for you! I’m glad you didn’t take the job for your sake. I work with a team right now and this team has never used TDD. For a long time I had no idea what TDD was. Lack of TDD can be excruciating to say the least. I can honestly say I have been to the mountain top and seen the light! TDD is awesome!

Unless they are heaving gobs of money at you and enough to compensate for the resounding headache you will have while you work there. I do not recommend taking any job that does not practice it. It’s one of the driving factors in me seeking another job right now.