Neovim Minpac

© 2012 - 2017 thoughtbot, inc. Upcase, the design of a robot, and thoughtbot are registered trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://thoughtbot.com/upcase/videos/neovim-minpac

:help channel fails for me with E149: Sorry, no help for channel

(NVIM v0.2.0, installed through Homebrew).

Sorry for causing confusion. If you’re running Vim 8, you can look up the documentation on job control by running :help channel. If you’re running Neovim, the equivalent page in the documentation can be located using :help job-control.

Both Vim 8 and Neovim have similar async capabilities, but sadly their APIs differ :cry: The good news is that minpac works in both Vim 8 and Neovim (thanks in part to the async.vim library, which normalizes the job control APIs).

I notice a different behavior when I install tpope/vim-commentary with minpac vs. installing it with vim-plug.

When I install vim-commentary plugin with minpac and try to apply a commentary in my ~/.vimrc, it comments /* as it was a C code */.

When I install vim-commentary with vim-plug, it correctly detects my filetype (tested with .vimrc, .sh and .js).

That’s preventing me from adopting minpac. :frowning: