Bourbon and Neat with Rails 4.2

I made a branch of my app to evaluate how difficult it would be to upgrade to Rails 4.2. We’re using Bourbon (currently 3.2.3), Neat (currently 1.5.0), and Bitters. I’ve noticed after moving to Rails 4.2.beta4 and sass-rails 5.0.0.beta1 that the size() Bourbon mixin doesn’t work any longer.

At first I thought that it was due to a move from Bourbon 3.2.3 to 4.0.2, but when I locked Bourbon at 3.2.3 the issue still happens. I don’t get any errors I can see in my log about compilation problems, etc. The rest of my CSS output looks fine, but any place where I I have a Sass statement like this:

.card-tab {
  @include size(auto 50);
  background: $white;
  border-radius: 0 0 $border-radius $border-radius;
  cursor: pointer;
}

All the attributes get applied except the size.

I suspect this is actually an issue with sass-rails, but before I file any issues with Bourbon or sass-rails I wanted to see if any folks who had checked out Rails 4.2 and use Bourbon had seen similar issues.

Has anyone else had trouble updating Bourbon from 3.x to 4.x while updating Rails from 4.1 to 4.2? It looks like the size() include is not having any effect in Bourbon 4.x.

Update: a number of parameters being passed to size() were unitless numbers. Turning them into px resolved the issue.

1 Like