Failed to push solution to git server

Just wondering if the disk of the git server for the exercises is full, since I’m getting this message when trying to push my solution:

➜ testing-fundamentals-write-an-integration-test git:(master) git push
Counting objects: 5, done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 667 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 5 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename : No space left on device

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
To git@git.upcase.com:wiserfirst/testing-fundamentals-write-an-integration-test.git
! [remote rejected] master → master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to ‘git@git.upcase.com:wiserfirst/testing-fundamentals-write-an-integration-test.git’

Thank you!

Same problem here. Seems like a disk space issue, yeah…

Hi @wiserfirst, @smoll, sorry for the trouble. We ran into a small technical problem with the Git server. We’re working on it now and should have it resolved shortly. I’ll reply here when we’re all set.

– Chris

Hey folks, the issue on the Git server has been resolved. For those of you playing along from home, we ran into the very interesting problem that we ran out inodes on the Git server. So despite having plenty of disk space, the nature of the many many repos we are storing caused us to use up all 1.3 million available inodes.

I’m very sorry for the interruption in service, but I believe we have resolved the issue for the time being, and we’re working on adding robustness to our server configuration to prevent a similar issue down the road.

That said, kudos to all you subscribers using up 1.3M inodes. That’s a lot of exercises :slightly_smiling:!