Help with FedEx certification: conditions of carriage on the label missed

Hello,

In order to pass FedEx certification for the shipment API, they requested the label to have conditions of carriage.

Here is exact response from the FedEx representative:

The labels you forwarded still did not have any Conditions of carriage
on them . this is what it should look like on the second part of the
label (note this is a ss of a Spanish version)

Attached example was a copy of the text from here: http://www.fedex.com/mx/services/nacional_terms.html

I also noticed that different services might have a different terms and conditions, so, wondering how should we handle it on our side? Should it be a custom text specified through CustomerSpecifiedDetail or is there is a way we could use some defaults?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

I’m afraid I don’t really understand your question. It feels like I don’t have nearly enough knowledge of your app/code to help out.

Can you boil the question down to a simpler form and/or add more details so I know more about the problem?

Hello,

ok, let me try :smile:

The FedEx is a carrier which also provide the API for integration with it’s services such as:

• rates - to query shipment rates
  • shipment - to create/schedule a shipment

The FedEx proposed integration process looks like this:

1. Documentation and Downloads (aka get familiar with the API)
  2. Develop and Test
  3. Certification
  4. Move to production

I’m currently at #3, Certification. Not all services actually requires certification, such as rates do not require any certification, but such as shipment(in order to create labels, commercial invoices for Intl. shipments, etc. does require certification). The process straight forward, you generate label with in the test credentials and emailing to the the Regional Web Integration Solutions Support team.

So, I emailed the label, but they didn’t accepted it because of

The labels you forwarded still did not have any Conditions of carriage
on them . this is what it should look like on the second part of the
label (note this is a ss of a Spanish version)

The label is actually a part (base64) of FedEx response to RequestedShipment request, so, I can pass certain parameters to adjust the label look and feel, get it in the different formats, or even add some custom text, but there is nothing about terms and conditions aka conditions of carriage. Also, they sent an example from their own website specific to the Spain, which doesn’t feels like a part of the label at all. I also was looking examples on their website and found various carriage conditions for different service types. So, a little bit confused how should we handle it? i.e. should we add it as a custom text, should it be different text for different services, etc?

I actually emailed them the same question, but was hoped for maybe someone at thoughtbot had previous experience with FedEx.

Thanks.

The problem is solved, lucky it was all about label stock type which is simple, configurable attribute, i.e. we’re using fedex gem which have it defaulted to the PAPPER_LATTER, while conditions of carriage is available on PAPER_8.5X11_TOP_HALF_LABEL

Here is example of how the one looks like:

Official response from FedEx:

If you change your label stock tag to the one below it will produce
the terms and conditions
PAPER_8.5X11_TOP_HALF_LABEL

Glad you found a solution! Thanks for posting.