I’m looking for the least confusing and most standard terms to describe:
- Draper Decorators (decorators or presenters)
- delegates to the model
- extension of model for presentation logic, can generate HTML or whatever the views want.
- A PORO that encapsulates code such that uses the context of the request, along with the model, so that
- the view and controller have minimal logic
- no presentation code in the model
- doesn’t delegate all methods to the model, so probably presenter and decorator don’t work for this one.
- A PORO that handles the interaction between models for a given purpose, which I’d call a Service Object.
And then there are Exhibitors, which I’m not sure are worth bringing into the mix of terminology.
Any advice on the most standard and least confusing names.
This article sums up some of the discussion based on Advi’s Objects on Rails book: http://mikepackdev.com/blog_posts/31-exhibit-vs-presenter