I have a new macbook and I transferred the files from my old laptop to my new laptop. Now my environment is not working. I am getting a padding check failed error. I think I need to start over with my new laptop’s environment and setup my laptop using the machine setup documentation.
How do I start with this project?
A) How do I backup my files before I start?
B) Should I un-install all the software first? Which software must I un-install first?
Here are the outline of the steps I must follow.
- Install Apple Core Tools
- Brew the basics
- Ruby Management
- Setting up Git and Gemserver access.
- Setting up TechTeam Repos
- Some TechTeam environment settings
- Installing Pow (and Anvil for Mac)
- Configure /etc/hosts (not necessary if using pow)
- Setting up MySQL
- Configuring the TechTeam Rails applications to run properly
- Generate GPG keys
- Get Fancy