Sketches: Candidate Metrics

Hi Kyle,

I used moqups.com to do some sketching of the Candidate Metrics Exam#new page we were looking at last week. I’m trying to decide whether to add an overlay for displaying the question bank, or whether to show it on the right side of the page.

https://moqups.com/dsilver829/GW3mQR3r

Also trying to decide if pagination is the best way forward, or if there is another way. Look forward to discussing this during office hours tomorrow.

David

Hey @dsilver829 I’d like to see more. How did you arrive at this? Is there something better? Also I can’t sing the praises enough of pencil (or pen) and paper.

Also not sure if you got the email but we are not having office hours. If you’d like to make them up sometime send me a private message.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve done some more sketches, this time with pen and paper. I need to get some mechanical pencils :slight_smile:

A couple of logistical questions:

1. What’s the best way to send you these sketches? I can’t see how to include an attachment here.
  2. You mentioned to send a private message about making up office hours. I think just rolling over to Friday’s office hours will be fine. But how do I send you a private message? Again, I can’t quite figure out how to do that here.

And a more substantive question:

1. I now have 11-12 wireframes, I think, between the moqups and the sketches. You mentioned wanting to see more. I can’t really see how to get the 20 wireframes you recommended - I’m not experienced enough to see 20 different ways of laying out the design.

So is there anything else I can do before Friday that would help? Would you like to see written explanations of what’s going on in each sketch? I’m happy to do whatever work would be helpful.

Thanks!

David

@dsilver829 Really sorry I didn’t see this sooner.

What’s the best way to send you these sketches?

What ever way you want. There is a way to attach photos but some people have just sent me to a dropbox folder or image service somewhere. I would take a photo of them and host them somewhere I can see them.

But how do I send you a private message?

Sent you one with instructions.

I now have 11-12 wireframes, I think, between the moqups and the sketches. You mentioned wanting to see more. I can’t really see how to get the 20 wireframes you recommended - I’m not experienced enough to see 20 different ways of laying out the design.

Sometimes pushing yourself is one of the hardest things to do. I’ve done it where I’ve basically sketched the same layout over and over. Eventually you move on. Sometimes. Mostly I said 20 because the more you do the better options you will have moving forward. You should be racking your brain to come up with new layouts no jumping to the first one that comes to your mind.

Would you like to see written explanations of what’s going on in each sketch?

No I think just having the sketches is good