Intro to Elixir

Chris is joined by Blake Williams to get an introduction to the Elixir programming language. Tune in to learn about this functional, concurrent, fault tolerant wonder-language with a Ruby-like syntax.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://thoughtbot.com/upcase/videos/intro-to-elixir
2 Likes

Yusssssssss. I can’t express how happy I am that you guys did an Elixir topic. I’ve been working my way through the Dave Thomas book, and I have not been this excited about a language for a long time.

1 Like

So sweet!!! Looking forward to additional videos!

1 Like

Happy to see the Elixir related iteration. Great first video! Been waiting for months.

Hope to see more Elixir and Phoenix iterations/trails. Any plans to start Elixir/Phoenix related frameworks like Ecto? Also is there a plan for ‘Elm’?

1 Like

This is great! I’d love to see some videos or even a track on Elixir & Phoenix.

1 Like

+1 for more on Elixir or an Elixir/Phoenix track

2 Likes

Nice intro, though it’d be awesome if we got a more in-depth exploration of the language basics and syntax etc.
Maybe there could be an Elixir/Phoenix track as others mentioned, with the added bonus of serving as an entry-level functional programming course?

1 Like

Once I finish Rails/Testing tracks, Elixir/Elm is what I’ll look for to dive in, please guys, I would like learn elixir/elm with yours.