Apprentice with Upcase and thoughtbot in Boston

We are looking for a developer to join us in Boston as a full-time apprentice for 3 months. As an apprentice, you’ll work on Upcase alongside mentors Ben Orenstein and Chris Toomey, and the rest of the thoughtbot team.

We hope that a successful apprenticeship will result in us hiring you to a permanent position afterwards, though we cannot guarantee this.

We’re looking for someone who is interested in working on the Upcase Rails app as well as producing video content for the site. You should have an equal interest in improving your programming and teaching others what you’ve learned.

The ideal candidate is very comfortable with Rails, but needs mentorship to improve their code quality, knowledge of best practices, and test-driven development.

The apprenticeship pays a stipend of $6,000 for 3 months, during which you will be a full thoughtbot employee with all benefits. This includes health insurance and 100% of medical premiums paid for both individuals and families.

We would love to have an existing Upcase subscriber join us in this apprenticeship! If you’re interested, please email jobs@thoughtbot.com.

You must be authorized to work in the U.S. and capable of spending 3 months in Boston.

8 Likes

(FYI: we’re still collecting applications for this. If you’re considering applying but worried it’s too late–it’s not!)

Oh how I wish I could move to Boston with my family to do this…!

I would jump on this but sadly Canadians are not welcome :frowning:

People should apply for this!

I just applied! Thanks for the heads up!

@benorenstein Are you guys still accepting applications?