Apprentice.io Experiences

Gabe joins Ben to discuss Apprentice.io. They discuss how to be a great mentor, how to help apprentices feel comfortable, and how (and why) to run an apprenticeship program at your company. thoughtbot's Apprenticeship repository Mentor Handbook
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://thoughtbot.com/upcase/videos/apprenticeio-experiences

Thanks guys for making this episode. It was very informative, and I really love how you guys invest in junior developers.

I am currently preparing for applying to apprentice.io. My goal is to apply by end of this year. I had coffee with Sean from Denver office, and was informed they are probably not accepting any apprentices this year at Denver location. Just a thought, I think It would be nice for applicants if we are able to know in the apprentice.io website which locations are currently accepting or not accepting apprentices.

Great episode guys! Iā€™ll second @anthonyā€™s request. It would also be nice to have the ability to select multiple locations or even an ā€œall the aboveā€ option.

Great episode guys! @benorenstein or @gabe can you tell me where I can find more on the patterns you discussed in the episode, even better do you know where I could find them all? I would look on google for the others but I donā€™t know what they are?

Thanks!

Hi Scott,

Which patterns in particular were you asking about? Thereā€™s a book called ā€œApprenticeship Patternsā€, which we reference in the episode - itā€™s a great resource for getting in the right mindset as an apprentice or as a mentor.

1 Like

9:50 "Hey, we have half a personā€¦ " - )) hilarious