Building The Upcase Community

@wykhuh and @nivla we just setup our team, however you two could probably try to get another one going. Feel free to add your name top the excel sheet and modify it as needed.

Congrats for such a great idea @antwonlee !

I don’t think I can make it to this one but I’m in for the next round.

I’m adding my name on the spreadsheet.

Everyone is on the other side of the world :smile: Good luck guys

/+8 here

Hello Upcase build an app teams! Just wanted to post a quick reminder that final submissions are due this Sunday, Nov 15th. The submission should come in the form of an email to help@upcase.com with at least the following:

• Team name and members (email address is best)
  • Link to public GitHub repo
  • Link to live application (Heroku preferred, but any live instance is fine)
  • Any instructions needed for us to be able to poke at live app.

Feel free to post here if you have any questions as we get towards the end. Ben & I will review the apps over the next week or two and share our feedback as well as select the winning team!

Small question about one of the requirements: Does “Sortable by date” mean sortable by the year the book was published, or sortable by the when it was added to the list?

Hi Andy, I was imagining sorting by the release date.

Hi people!

I recently messaged to @benorenstein about how we could have a hackathon but looks like you guys already have something like that in place and I am too late for the party :frowning:

Do you guys plan another one of these community builders ? I would really really love to join one.

Hi @novarac23, this first one is an experiment so we will wait till we complete it to decide on future projects, but it’s likely we will continue some sort of contest in the future.

3 Likes

@christoomey That’s awesome! Hopefully there we will continue to do this because its awesome :slight_smile: Excited to see who is the winner as well!

Hi guys is this upcase community still active, I would like to participate as well.

Hey, I’m just starting to try and get more involved in the upcase community and love this idea! If there is going to be another opportunity to participate in something like this, please let us know!