Hi Kyle. Here’s my first stab at a design brief.
Design Brief for the redesign of http://www.baycityyachtclub.com
A brief summary of the business/site goals.
There are two main goals with the redesign of the Bay City Yacht Club website. First, bring the ownership and design of the site back inside the COOP. Second, ensure that the site works for all members and potential members regardless of what technology they are using (within reason).
The key users.
Visitor: Need to view information about the club with an easy way to contact someone if interested in joining.
Fan: Need to view upcoming public events/races along with past race results.
Member: Same ability as a fan, plus the ability to log into a private area for member specific information/functionality.
Admin: Same ability as a Member, plus the ability to manage events, users, etc.
Scenarios in which your app or site will be used.
- Visitor comes to the site to read information about the club (location, amenities, history, membership).
- Fan comes to the site to see upcoming club events/races.
- Fan comes to the site to see past race results.
- Member comes to the site to subscribe/unsubscribe from mailing lists.
- Member comes to the site to find another members contact information.
- Member comes to the site to see current/past newsletters.
- Member comes to the site to see Consitution.
- Member comes to the site to see current Work Hours projects.
Design style principles to follow.