Setting up Thoughtbot Dotfiles for Vim-Rails / Changing the Shell

Hi,

I was interested in getting the Thoughtbot dotfiles setup on my machine. I ran the one command, chsh -s /bin/zsh, as specified in the and it looks like a lot has changed. I can’t even start up the rails server and get the following message when I try to:

Rails is not currently installed on this system. To get the latest version, simply type:

$ sudo gem install rails

You can then rerun your "rails" command.

Can someone point me in the right direction? How would I change it back to the way it was? Thanks!

Are you using RVM or rbenv for your ruby installation? If so, you need to make sure that either

eval "$(rbenv init -)"

or

source $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm

are added to your ~/.zshrc file. If you want to change things back, you just need to run

chsh -s /bin/bash

@seangriffin thanks for the reply! I am using rvm and added the appropriate line to my .zshrc file, but no luck (same response prompting rails installation). This is what my .zshrc file contains:

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.rvm/bin # Add RVM to PATH for scripting
source $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm

Am I missing something?

Not that I can think of. You’ve restarted your terminal and whatnot? You can also try running rehash and see if that helps.

Restarting terminal did the trick, so now zshell is running as expected. Thank you.