So we have a fairly large rails 3 app using Test Unit. We’re wanting to switch to either MiniTest with spec, or Rspec and are doing some research on pros/cons. I would love any of your feedback. A few questions I have:
- What major items does RSpec have that you would really miss with Minitest (with minitest/spec)?
- What major differences do you see between them?
- With Rspec’s wide usage, does the community support grant using it, and/or does anyone see a trajectory for either framework as far as community support goes?. .trends?
- Moving to minitest we can do right now, but would using both test unit and rspec in an intermediate time be a major pain?
- I’ve heard a pro for minitest for it’s simplicity/debugging… what are some examples of issues being run into because of Rspec’s complexity?