Design Brief: Personal Site Redesign

Hey guys,

Here’s my design brief for the D4D Part 1 exercise. The Github repo is here if you’d like to follow my progress:

Personal Site Design Brief

A brief summary of the business / site goals.

I am redesigning my personal site in a way that reflects my personality and tells my story on the web. It should showcase what I’m working on and display articles / tutorials I’ve written. Since most of the content will be text, the reading experience should be enjoyable.

The key users.

Me: I need an easy process for adding various types of content so that I’m encouraged to do it more often. I may post anything from code tutorials, traditional blog posts or importing content from other platforms like Medium.

Readers: For readers, I need a consistent viewing/reading experience. Reading blog posts or case studies should all feel like one consistent experience. I also want to encourage sharing of content on social media.

Scenarios in which your app or site will be used.

I will be posting my past projects, articles I’ve written and tutorials for other to view, share and comment on. It should also be clear which type of content you are viewing without breaking the consistent overall theme.

Design style guidelines to follow.

• Friendly

• Concise

• Consistent

• Impactful