Homework on Design Principles and Typo II

We took a standard main content article and tried to design it
separated from the rest of the sites elements. It should look as good
as possible in any screen dimension and any zoom level.

Technical aspects were irrelevant - our focus was the look

Here is a link to my second draft: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7335096/D4D/vogelfutter.html

Hey @robertcurth this is a great start. Your type is great. Nice pairing, great hierarchy and you have great rhythm. I am wondering why you have decided to keep the content in one column?

Also I can’t help but notice several <font> tags in your markup. This tag been deprecated for a while now: <font> - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Thanks kyle.

Hey @robertcurth this is a great start. Your type is great. Nice
pairing, great hierarchy and you have great rhythm. I am wondering why
you have decided to keep the content in one column?

My reasoning for keeping it that simple was: I am really new to this so Iwanted to get one simple aspect right.

Getting the article right is the most important part of the excercise, because we want to let the content speak for itself.

Of course the site will need other elements like a logo / a footer and maybe also some secondary content. I want to notice the tensions, when I incorporate these elements into the design.

I guess that I will get into problems, as every new element wil probably only cost clarity.

Also I can’t help but notice several tags in your markup. This
tag been deprecated for a while now:
<font> - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Thanks - I will fix it in the next version.

Oscar and me will post our next iterations with the Grid very soon :wink: Thanks again for your feedback !