The Second Upcase Code Contest

Should be fun! (UTC +2)

Yup! UTC+0

Hey there! Would you like to team up? UTC -5:00 here.

Would love to participate (Pacific time).
edit: won’t be able to join this time. have fun!

So looks like a lot of people want to join and are interested in participating.

I think the next step is forming teams. I think it would be cool to have a mix of experience and more junior type of devs in each team. What do you guys think ?

2 Likes

I’m up for joining in! UTC+0 (London)

Me too super hype to be part of the content. :+1: Are there anyone looking for someone on the team ?.
UTC+1(Spain)

Sorry contest

Hey all, I’m really excited to see all the excitement around the contest! We still have a few weeks until we need to lock down teams, but if someone wants to collect the data thus far to help with organizing, that would likely be a huge help.

Likewise, it is probably worth noting what your availability is in addition to your time zone. I recall that actually getting the groups together was a difficulty in the first round, so anything we can do to help facilitate groups having time to work together, all the better.

Count me in, UTC +1 (Belgium, Ghent)

Based on the previous sheet of @ajkamel

I highlighted the possible matches based on time zone, if you agree with the match just send a message and set up the team.

Feel free to add or modify your names or teams on the excel sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lWPIxi3MUguHIQV6RoiSgHCKBERxAegqdECPF16EdZw/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Sounds fun! Also looking for a team! UTC + 9 :slight_smile:

thanks for the sheet, let’s make a team!

Cool :smile:

Hi everyone, I am UTC+7 hours from Cambodia. :grinning:

Hello, looking to join a team. I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area (UTC -8)
My email is:
chrissun@gmail.com

Thanks for making the spreadsheet @nivla!

Definitely in for this one as well! I learned a lot from the last challenge, and think that working on these sorts of challenges forces you to consider more than you might not otherwise think of when working through exercises solo.

I’m on Eastern time (UTC - 5), also added to the spreadsheet.

Also, since we’re basically in charge of setting our own teams, let’s set a deadline for people joining in (say, Jan 5?), and sort teams based on participants on the day after. Not a hard and fast rule, but I think that’s a good thing to shoot for.

edit: scratch that, I won’t be able to participate in this one—a couple of work-related projects just came my way. Still looking forward to the results, though!

Perhaps we should all create an app that organizes these teams! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m in! I’m in London UTC + 0