The Second Upcase Code Contest

I was thinking the same thing.

Sounds like good deadline option @dstrunk

I am keen to participate in this. UTC + 2 (South Africa)

I took myself off the list, work is busy busy, have to sit this one out. Have fun!

I’m interested in participating as well, UTC - 7

I’d love to participate this time. I’m in New York (EST / UTC - 5). I’ve also added myself to the spreadsheet.

Has anyone got details on the 2nd code contest yet?
They mentioned that details would come today (Jan. 8).

I would like to participate . I live in the Netherlands UTC +1

Hey folks, first and formost I want to say how excited I am about all the enthusiasm for the group project. Really great to see the turnout. In fact, we have so many people that I am going to say following this message we will be locking down the signup.

Unfortunately, the first week after the holidays has proven to be busier than expected and we’ve yet to finalize the summary for this app. Sorry about the delay, but I expect we should be able to share the details early next week, likely on Tuesday.

@thedanotto let me know if I make it on a team!

Hey folks, apologies again for the delay, but the specification for the new contest are now posted! You can check them out here: Upcase Code Contest - Round 2 Specifications

Start your engines!

3 Likes

If anyone is still looking to join a group, we have an spot open.
I’m in a group with “sstgithub”.

The rules state a minimum group size of 3, so we need one more person.
Can email me at chrissun@gmail.com or message with in Upcase at @chris_sun1

Hi folks,

I am not sure how teams are built yet :slightly_smiling: I signed up in the google sheet with @thedanotto. I am intermediate rails developer, so if you feel like you are pretty advanced I think it will be a good match to form a team where there are all sorts of levels.

@chris_sun1, if you are still looking for a team—will you be up for it? Let me know!~

I have the same question as @antwonlee I’m from the Netherlands so if there are people who want to build a team let me know. I’m also intermediate.

Hi Anthony (@antwonlee),

Unfortunately our team is full now (3 people).

However, it looks like there another person (Patrick Rebel) who is free to join a team.

Thanks,
Chris

I don’t know if we have lock-down yet, but I’m a Junior/Intermediate in Boston – @antwonlee, @patrick_rebel – if either of you want to give it a go between the 3 of us give me a holler…

Whoops - looks like I missed the memo (and the boat), from Chris’ post above, looks like it was a lock down as-of Jan 8.

Quick note, we do want to maintain the minimum of three since collaboration and workflow is a core part of the contest.

That said, no need to treat 3 as a max. I’d say up to 5 on a team is fine, with 3 or 4 being optimal.

Cheers!

I am also looking for a team @antwonlee, not sure if you have space in your team. I’m also intermediate with rails.

@mdkrog @patrick_rebel @thedanotto, let’s be a team together! Like @christoomey said, we don’t have to have max of 3 people! I am excited to learn with you guys! :grinning:

1 Like

@antwonlee I’m in my email is leberpj@outlook.com